Anyone with a life-changing injury should have their catastrophic injury claims handled by a personal injury solicitor who is an expert in the field of recovering damages for injuries of the utmost severity.
When a very serious injury is suffered, there will often be irreversible and life changing damage, such as paralysis, severe traumatic brain damage, amputations, severe burns or even death. Whatever the injury, it is essential that a specialist solicitor is instructed who understands the nature of the injury and the need for proper funding to support care, aids, housing and therapy regimes which must often last a lifetime.
We know that seriously injured clients often need long term treatment, and there can be a significant period of adjustment both for our clients and for their families. Most clients require special housing or adaptations, care and support packages, specialist equipment, and early payments to alleviate financial hardship and to establish fully funded private care regimes.
Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers can act for clients who have suffered:
How Osbornes’ serious injury solicitors handle catastrophic injury accident claims
Our specialist catastrophic personal injury solicitors at Osbornes will liaise with leading medical specialists, rehabilitation specialists, occupational therapists and even architects to work with us on your case and make sure all bases are covered concerning your future rehabilitation and needs.In these cases early rehabilitation funding is essential and a proactive approach to the litigation can secure a long term support package of care, accommodation and therapy.
Why Choose Osbornes to represent you in your severe injury claim
- Life-changing injuries involve complex personal injury claims and should be dealt with by an experienced solicitor. Partners Ben Posford and Stuart Kightley are all specialists in this area.
- The independent legal directory, Chambers and Partners, lists Ben Posford – Osbornes’ Head of Catastrophic Injury – as a “Leading Individual”, and says he “couples meticulous legal skills with a hugely personable manner with clients and opponents”. The Legal 500 describes him as “tactically astute” and “one of the best personal injury solicitors around”, and states he “knows how to maximise the value of the claim for his clients”.
- The independent legal directory, Chambers and Partners, highlights Stuart Kightley as being “well regarded in the personal injury world for his handling of head injury and workplace accident cases”.
- Expert advice on state benefits and housing.
- Access to other specialist solicitors who can help with trusts, wills advice, power of attorney and court of protection advice.
Latest catastrophic injury settlement
Our client was a 25 year-old Spanish resident who was travelling in his works’ van when the van was hit by a Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV). The HGV driver was travelling at high speed.
The accident resulted in two of our clients’ colleagues being killed. Our client was seated in the offside rearmost seat in the van and he sustained a brain injury and multiple life changing orthopaedic injuries including spinal and pelvic fractures and multiple open fractures of the dominant wrist. He also sustained injuries to his eyes, hearing loss, and ongoing psychological symptoms. He requires multiple ongoing care and treatments and underwent cosmetic camouflage treatment for the facial scarring he sustained.
Due to the severity of his orthopaedic injuries our client was unable to return to his work as an electrician and it was anticipated that he would struggle to remain in fixed long term employment.
The final settlement for £1 million compensation included our client’s ongoing care needs and loss of future earnings as our client will no longer be able to contribute to the family business which he had been due to inherit.