Tourist receives compensation after being injured in an accident on holiday13 Aug 2019 | Sophie Davies
An award for compensation has been received by a Canadian tourist who was injured during his stay in England.
The tourist suffered a head injury after he was struck a piece of metal which was part of gate closing mechanism at the private complex he was staying at.
He was taken to hospital for treatment to the injury which included stapling the wound together. He suffered headaches for a few weeks after as well as a small amount of hair loss, where, after the wound healed, due to scar tissue would not allow the hair to re-grow.
What to do in the event you are injured on holiday
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Ensure you report the accident to the relevant travel representative/hotel staff as soon as possible
- If possible, obtain a copy of the accident report, for your records
- Take photographs of the area where your accident occurred, if possible.
- If there were any witnesses, obtain their contact details
- If you incur any expenses as a result of the injury, please keep the receipts
- If the police have been notified or informed about the accident, obtain as much information as possible as to the police station involved (address, name of officer and reference number)
- Seek legal advice
Share this article