Laura is a catastrophic injury solicitor specialising in both medium and high value complex injury claims, particularly those involving brain and spinal cord injuries, loss of limbs, fatalities, and severe psychiatric harm.
Laura’s caseload comprises of cycling cases, accidents at work and gynaecological cases. Laura specialises in looking to obtain early intervention and treatment to aid in recovery.
She also assists the firm’s Head of Catastrophic Injury, Ben Posford on his cases.
- Settling a claim on behalf of a bereaved fiancé whose husband was killed in the course of his employment;
- Acting for a client who sustained a cauda equina injury following a routine surgery at an NHS hospital;
- Settling a claim for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injured following a road traffic accident;
- Being part of the Osbornes Catastrophic Injuries team representing the husband of the only female victim of the Croydon Tram crash in 2016;
- Settled a claim for a cyclist who was knocked off his bicycle by a turning car.
Laura is an Accredited Senior Litigator by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and the Co-Ordinator of the APIL Junior Litigators Group.
Laura is a member of the London Cycling Campaign (LCC) and a keen cyclist who this year has taken part in the Wicklow 100, Ride 100 and multiple triathlons. Laura has previously cycled from London to Paris in 24 hours.
Before joining Osbornes in 2012, Laura worked with Human Rights Watch in New York and used to be a coach for the Irish Special Olympics Ski Team.
In her spare time Laura enjoys playing hockey, cycling, skiing and reading.
What our clients say about Laura
“Laura continued to fight our case for 4 years, keeping us updated at every step of the way and patiently answering any queries. She took care of things end-to-end with minimal involvement from us. This was a pain-free process and I will certainly be recommending Laura’s services to others.”
“Laura carefully explained the procedure which gave great reassurance. I am particularly grateful for the effort made in obtaining physiotherapy for me which made so much difference to my recovery and mobility.”
“Laura has handled my case very efficiently and I am very happy with the way she has represented me. I wish everyone in the near future that they get such sympathetic, speedy and correct representation that I have received from her.”
“Throughout this Laura have been incredibly professional, patient, and continuously offered great advice on how to proceed – I would definitely recommend Laura to anybody else who encountered the same situation as me.”
Personal Injury Law Journal: