Cycle Injury Solicitors London
Our experienced team of solicitors in London have a successful track record of representing cyclists and enjoy cycling too! There are experts in dealing with cycle accident claims which involve more minor injures, through to more complex, life-changing injuries.
For Osbornes Law cycling plays a big part of our everyday lives as many of the team cycle to work and cycle for fun! Based in London we have first-hand experience of the dangers cyclists’ face each time they get on their bike. Congested roads, super junctions, assertive drivers and left turning lorries to name a few.
We have over 40 years of experience of helping people. Our cycle injury claims team is headed up by Stuart Kightley who has specialised in representing cyclists and their families as a cycle injury lawyer, following a collision, for over 20 years.
Proud to be the Legal Partner of the LONDON CYCLING CAMPAIGN
Our cycling injury lawyers in London provide around the clock assistance to any London Cycling Campaign Member who is injured or involved in a collision. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
London Cycling Campaign is a charity supported by thousands of members. Their aim is to make sure everyone who cycles, or wants to cycle has a voice in Greater London.
Our teams and individual specialist cycling injury solicitors are regularly ranked in the leading directories ‘Chambers UK’ and The Legal 500′ for offering ‘niche expertise in cycling related injury claims.’
Osbornes Law was also featured in the ‘Best Law Firm’ guide 2019, published by ‘The Times’ and we won ‘Law Firm of the Year’ at the 2018 Modern Law Awards.
WHAT WE DO
Commuter cycling is definitely not for the faint-hearted but, like most cyclists we wholeheartedly believe the rewards far outweigh the risks. It’s a cheaper, healthier and a much more pleasurable way to get to work rather than being stuck in a bus lane or crammed in a tube carriage.
So we want to see our roads become a much more welcoming place for cyclists – both those with experience and the wannabes who would get on a bike if conditions improved.
In the meantime though we’re realistic. We wear helmets, fit lights, we glow in the dark – but we still don’t get seen! It’s because of this that we use our specialist knowledge and experience as cycle injury lawyers in London to help cyclists (and their families) who are involved in collisions.
THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF CYCLIST CASUALTIES
- A vehicle approaching from opposite carriageway, turns right across your path without giving way to you and you collide with its nearside (left side)
- A vehicle emerges from a side road to your left into your path, turns left or right without giving way to you and you collide with its offside (right side)
- You are overtaking or undertaking stationary traffic when a vehicle turns into your path without looking
- A lorry turning left at a junction fails to see you in the nearside (left hand) lane
- A pothole or other defect in the road makes you lose control of the bike
- A vehicle door is opened into your path as you pass and causes a collision
- Vehicles, particularly lorries, vans and buses, fail to leave enough room as they pass on the offside (right side) of cyclists.
HOW OUR CYCLING INJURY LAWYERS & CYCLING INJURY SOLICITORS CAN HELP
We aim to get you back on the road as soon as possible by:
- Getting you treatment and rehabilitation for any cycle injuries you suffer
- Making sure your bike gets back into working order
- Making up for any time you spend away from work
WHAT HAPPENS IF A CYCLING INJURY IS VERY SERIOUS?
Sadly, all too often cycle injuries are more severe, requiring long hospital stays and months or years of intense rehabilitation. This may also mean a complete change in your lifestyle, from the way you live at home to the job you can do.
In these cases we work with you and your family to make sure you’re financially secure. We know that no amount of money can turn the clock back, but compensation goes some way to help you adapt to the changes in your life.
- Head Injury Accident Claim
- Fatal Injury Accident Claim
- Sport Cycling Accident
- Junction and Roundabout Accident
- Pothole Accident Claim
- Cycle Lane Accident Claim
- Find Out More
- An IT worker was hit whilst on his commute by a car turning right across his path while he was cycling straight ahead in a cycle lane. He suffered injuries to his shoulder, elbow and wrist. He would experience long term problems as a result. The case settled for £40,000.
- A cyclist was travelling near to Blackheath on his way to work when he was struck on a roundabout by a car that failed to give way to him. He suffered multiple dental injuries and a fractured toe. The case settled for £25,000.
- A music teacher was cycling in traffic on his way to work. A bus changed lanes and drove into the back of his bike. The client suffered a fractured hip. Initially the case was rejected by another law firm and he contacted Osbornes Law. His case settled for £20,000.
- A cyclist was knocked off her bike by an Uber driver. The Uber driver’s insurance company admitted liability and made a very early settlement offer of just over £1,300, before medical evidence was available. The insurers put pressure on the cyclist by sending the offer directly to their home address as well as to Osbornes Law. Andrew Middlehurst, specialist cycling solicitor, advised the cyclist that it was likely that they could beat this offer if they obtained medical evidence. Medical reports were obtained following ultrasound investigations and physiotherapy treatment.The medical reports were then sent to the Uber driver’s insurance company and our client’s claim eventually settled for over £7000.This case shows how important it is for cyclists to obtain legal advice in situations where they have had an accident and a large insurance company makes them an early offer of settlement.Whilst it may be tempting to take the money offered so you can put the matter behind you, this case highlights the importance of having an expert solicitor in cycling cases look into matters to guide you through the process and advise as to the full value of your claim.