Cycle Injuries Lawyers and Solicitors
Claim Your Cycle Personal Injury With Trusted Solicitor and Lawyer with a proven track of winning injury cases. For Osbornes Law cycling plays a big part in our office with many of us cycling to work and for leisure. Based in London we have first-hand experience of the dangers cyclists’ face each time they get on their bike. Congested roads, super junctions, assertive (ahem) cab drivers and left turning lorries to name a few.
The history of our firm started back in 1973, which means that we have over 40 years of experience in helping people. Our cycle injury claims team is headed up by Stuart Kightley who has specialised in representing cyclists and their families after a collision for over 20 years.
We are consistently ranked in the leading directories ‘Chambers UK’ and The Legal 500′ for offering ‘niche expertise in cycling related injury claims.’ Osbornes was also featured in the ‘Best Law Firm’ guide 2019, published by ‘The Times’ and we won ‘Law Firm of the Year’ at the 2018 Modern Law Awards.
WHAT WE DO
Commuter cycling is definitely not for the faint hearted but like most cyclists we wholeheartedly believe the rewards far outweigh the risks. It’s a cheaper, healthier and a much more pleasurable way to get to work rather than being stuck in a bus lane or crammed in a tube carriage.
So we want to see our roads become a much more welcoming place for cyclists – both those with experience and the wannabes who would get on a bike if conditions improved.
In the meantime though we’re realistic. We wear helmets, fit lights, we glow in the dark – but we still don’t get seen! It’s because of this that we use our specialist knowledge and experience as cycle lawyers to help cyclists (and their families) who are involved in collisions.
THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF CYCLIST CASUALTIES
- A vehicle approaching from opposite carriageway, turns right across your path without giving way to you and you collide with its nearside (left side)
- A vehicle emerges from a side road to your left into your path, turns left or right without giving way to you and you collide with its offside (right side)
- You are overtaking or undertaking stationary traffic when a vehicle turns into your path without looking
- A lorry turning left at a junction fails to see you in the nearside (left hand) lane
- A pothole or other defect in the road makes you lose control of the bike
- A vehicle door is opened into your path as you pass and causes a collision
- Vehicles, particularly lorries, vans and buses, fail to leave enough room as they pass on the offside (right side) of cyclists.
HOW OUR CYCLING LAWYERS CAN HELP
We aim to get you back on the road as soon as possible by:
- Getting you treatment and rehabilitation for any cycle injuries you suffer
- Making sure your bike gets back into working order
- Making up for any time you spend away from work
WHAT HAPPENS IF A CYCLING INJURY IS VERY SERIOUS?
Sadly, all too often cycle injuries are more severe, requiring long hospital stays and months or years of intense rehabilitation. This may also mean a complete change in your lifestyle, from the way you live at home to the job you can do.
In these cases we work with you and your family to make sure you’re financially secure. We know that no amount of money can turn the clock back, but compensation goes some way to help you adapt to the changes in your life.