Chevron pointing up icon

What support exists to help individuals with speech problems following a head injury?

Solicitors in London

News article published on: 24th June 2014

In some cases after a serious head or brain injury the injured person may experience speech problems and not be able to communicate in the same way as before the accident. The role of a speech and language therapist is to work with individuals who have sustained a head or brain injury and assist them communicate more effectively both orally and in written word.

The speech and language therapist is also able to offer support to the families so they understand how and why the injury has affected the injured person’s speech.

arrow pointing down

"Extremely helpful and explained things in a way I could understand"

Family department client


Livery House, 9 Pratt Street, London NW1 0AE
Tel: 020 7485 8811 Fax: 020 7485 5660
DX Number 57053 Camden Town


28A Hampstead High Street, Hampstead, NW3 1QA
Tel: 020 7485 8811 Fax: 020 7485 5660

Your Privacy | Cookies Policy

Contact a Lawyer

Enter your details below to receive a call from Osbornes:

    Request Callback