Chevron pointing up icon

Social Services have become involved in the care of my children, how can I ensure that

Solicitors in London

News article published on: 24th June 2014

Social Services involvement with your children may involve care proceedings already or it may not be at that stage yet. Social Services involvement may feel intrusive to you, but they are seeking to ensure that your children are safe and it would be constructive to cooperate with them in their investigations. Whether there are court proceedings already started or it is an option being contemplated, it is crucial to seek legal advice at the earliest opportunity so that you understand how to maximise the strength your case to have the children remaining in your care.

Our specialist team has experience in all types of care proceedings, many of which have involved complex issues. We have represented many parents who have successfully retained full time care of their children.

Normally social services will want to undertake an assessment of you and the children if they have concerns about your parenting. It may be that you cannot resist your children going into foster care or staying with an alternate family member for an interim period whilst assessments are undertaken by social services but you would benefit from legal advice to determine whether this is appropriate in your case.

arrow pointing down

"The quality of advice I received from Bridget Thompson was extremely good and she was very helpful"

Family department client


Livery House, 9 Pratt Street, London NW1 0AE
Tel: 020 7485 8811 Fax: 020 7485 5660
DX Number 57053 Camden Town


28A Hampstead High Street, Hampstead, NW3 1QA
Tel: 020 7485 8811 Fax: 020 7485 5660

Your Privacy | Cookies Policy

Contact a Lawyer

Enter your details below to receive a call from Osbornes:

    Request Callback