Chevron pointing up icon

I have separated from my spouse and want to get a divorce – what should I do?

Solicitors in London

News article published on: 24th June 2014

You should consider whether or not you really want to get a divorce. There are a number of specialist marriage guidance resources such as relate.

In order to get a divorce in the UK you need to show that the marriage has broken down irretrievably, which can be demonstrated to the Court through proving one of 5 different facts:-

  • Adultery
  • Unreasonable behaviour
  • Desertion
  • Two years separation and consent
  • Five years separation

Our specialist divorce solicitors can guide you through the whole process.

arrow pointing down

"Shilpa was professional, realistic, and unflappable. Shilpa managed to persuade a reluctant witness to come forward to support my case. She obviously knows her subject very well."

Property Litigation client


Livery House, 9 Pratt Street, London NW1 0AE
Tel: 020 7485 8811 Fax: 020 7485 5660
DX Number 57053 Camden Town


28A Hampstead High Street, Hampstead, NW3 1QA
Tel: 020 7485 8811 Fax: 020 7485 5660

Your Privacy | Cookies Policy

Contact a Lawyer

Enter your details below to receive a call from Osbornes:

    Request Callback