Chevron pointing up icon

I care for someone who has suffered a brain or head injury. Am I entitled to access any financial help?

Solicitors in London

News article published on: 24th June 2014

A carer is someone who looks after and supports some who are unable to manage day-to-day tasks by themselves. Many carers are paid a wage, however there are many people who have suffered a head injury who are being assisted and supported by relatives, friends and neighbours for no payment.

There are various state benefits which you may be entitled to make an application for if you are caring for someone with a head injury. Such benefits include a carer’s allowance, direct payments, pension credit, council tax benefits and other council services such a meal on wheels. Of course there is certain criteria each individual has to meet before accessing these benefits however it is worth investigating any open to you.

The social welfare department at Osbornes can work with and advice you on whether you can access these services.

arrow pointing down

"Beneath Ben Posford’s calm and reassuring presence, which clients love, lies a formidable tactical and legal brain. His experience tells and he gets it right at every stage of the process from arranging the best possible rehabilitation, to ensuring, so far as possible, a polite relationship with those acting for the defendant in order to ensure best and early resolution of the claim."

Legal 500 2020 - Ben Posford


Livery House, 9 Pratt Street, London NW1 0AE
Tel: 020 7485 8811 Fax: 020 7485 5660
DX Number 57053 Camden Town


28A Hampstead High Street, Hampstead, NW3 1QA
Tel: 020 7485 8811 Fax: 020 7485 5660

Your Privacy | Cookies Policy

Contact a Lawyer

Enter your details below to receive a call from Osbornes:

    Request Callback