Chevron pointing up icon

How can a person who has suffered a serious head injury manage their finances?

Solicitors in London

News article published on: 24th June 2014

Many people who suffer a head injury want to retain control of their affairs and rehabilitation can help them to do this. The Mental Capacity Act 2005 was passed to ensure that a person with a head or brain injury should be given assistance enabling them to make their own decisions before anyone else is authorised to take decisions on their behalf.

However, in some circumstances if a head injury makes this difficult to do you may need some support in doing this, especially if you have been awarded a lump sum by way of compensation.

In these circumstances you can set up an arrangement with the ‘Court of Protection’. The court can give powers to appoint what is called a Deputy who is under a responsibility to act in the best interests of the individual whom they are assisting to manage their finances.

The private client department at Osbornes is able to advice you more on appointing a Deputy and the Court of Protection procedure.

arrow pointing down

""I would highly recommend Osbornes for their outstanding service"."

Personal Injury client


Livery House, 9 Pratt Street, London NW1 0AE
Tel: 020 7485 8811 Fax: 020 7485 5660
DX Number 57053 Camden Town


28A Hampstead High Street, Hampstead, NW3 1QA
Tel: 020 7485 8811 Fax: 020 7485 5660

Your Privacy | Cookies Policy

Contact a Lawyer

Enter your details below to receive a call from Osbornes:

    Request Callback